Fellowships (Pre-doctoral and Post-doctoral)
Harvard Osher Center (Boston, MA)
To ensure clinical and research efforts blossom into a new standard of care, Harvard Osher Center is training the next generation of practitioners in integrative medicine. The educational activities of the Center take place across the Harvard community and are targeted at the medical student, resident, fellow, and continuing medical education audiences, as well as the general public.
Application Cycles: Up to two fellowships can be awarded each academic year, with one applicant selected after each cycle deadline:
- 1st Cycle Application Deadline: January 16, 2018. Awardees will be notified by March 1, 2018.
- 2nd Cycle Application Deadline: June 12, 2018. Awardees will be notified by August 1, 2018.
The Osher Center funds pre-doctoral fellowships in Integrative Medicine research. The fellowship program is open to Harvard Integrated Life Sciences (HILS) graduate students and provides $10,000/year to cover part of the student’s costs (to include stipend and/or supplies), as well as a $2,000 travel stipend; the fellowship is renewable for three years.
To Apply: If eligible, please send the following items to our program manager, Aterah Nusrat at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Proposal (download application form here)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three letters of Recommendation
A key element of the education agenda for the Osher Center for Integrative Medicine is a research fellowship training program, which has been funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) since 1999.
This highly successful program has graduated 20 post-doctoral (predominantly MD) fellows, most of whom have gone on to positions in academic medicine. The training program touches all of the major HMS-affiliated hospitals, with fellows past and present conducting research studies at different institutions based on their areas of interest.
Prospective Applicants: Key Dates
- September 18, 2017 – Application deadline for July, 2018 start
- October 23, 2017 – Candidate interviews (group and individual) for 2018
- December 1, 2017 (anticipated) – Application deadline for 2018 Harvard School of Public Health Master’s Program
- February 1, 2018 (anticipated) – Application deadline for 2018 Program in Clinical Effectiveness
- July 2, 2018 – Fellowship begins