Research Study Coordinator
Northwestern Osher Center (Chicago, IL)
Coordinates collection, analysis, processing & reporting of data & assists Principal Investigator (PI) in judging the validity of test data obtained in regard to biomedical and/or social-behavioral research study(ies) of limited complexity involving co-investigators, multiple campuses and/or universities. Completes all activities by strictly following Good Clinical Practices (GCP) & all relevant current local, state, & federal laws, regulations, guidance, policy & procedure developed by the NU Institutional Review Board (IRB), Food & Drug Administration (FDA) Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), & the International Conference on Harmonization (ICH).
This position will fulfill a dual role divided between two research initiatives: (1) The Osher Center for Integrative Medicine research program (led by Dr. Judith Moskowitz) and (2) The Promoting Healthy Brain Project (PHBP), a study within the Perinatal Origins of Disease at the Maternal: Fetal Interface strategic research initiative of the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago and Stanley Manne Children’s Research Institute, in partnership with the Institute for Innovations in Developmental Sciences (DevSci; Institute Director: Dr. Laurie Wakschlag).
- Participates in the planning & conduct of research study including participant recruitment and retention.
- Obtains informed consent
- Administers tests and/or questionnaires following protocols.
- Collects, compiles, tabulates & processes responses.
- Gathers information.
- Collects, records, reviews & summarizes research data.
- Collates relevant mathematical results & prepares tables, charts & graphs reflecting relationships of multiple tests.
- Prepares reports for investigators and sponsors on recruitment status and other pertinent study data.
- Writes portions of grant applications & co-author scientific papers.
- Completes documents associated with current local, state, & federal regulatory guidelines, requirements, laws & research protocols.
- May process payments for research participants per study protocol.
- Monitors & distributes petty cash.
- Processes invoices and/or purchase requisitions.
- May provide work direction and/or train other research staff to interview/test participants.
- May act as a mentor in regard to education of junior coordinators.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor’s or higher degree in a major such as social or health science or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience and 2 years’ research study or other relevant experience required; OR
- Successful completion of a full course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a master’s or higher degree in a major such as social or health science or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Must complete Northwestern’s IRB CITI training before interacting with any participants & must re-certify every 3 years.