What is Integrative Medicine?
Integrative Medicine as promoted by the Osher Collaborative:
- Reaffirms the importance of the relationship between practitioner and patient, focuses on the whole person, is informed by evidence, and makes use of all appropriate therapeutic approaches, healthcare professionals, and professions to achieve optimal health and healing.
- Applies rigorous scientific research methods to evaluate physiological and therapeutic mechanisms, efficacy, and use of approaches in society as they affect health, resiliency, and well-being.
- Educates practitioners, public, and policy to appreciate and address the full range of physical, emotional, mental, social, spiritual, and environmental influences that affect health.
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health: https://nccih.nih.gov/
- Academic Consortium for Integrative Medicine & Health: http://www.imconsortium.org/